St. Smurfette part II

Well she is coming along and I started trying to adapt the smurf houses... 

St. Smurfette has had several different shades of grey put on her... I am thinking the light spray of grey texture paint looks good. A lot more finishing needs to be done, moss, gems, cracks painted in, sealed and then a shrine for her to occupy needs building.







I know from experience the type of plastic the mushroom houses are made of simply does not hold the paint well... so I decided to paper mache over the house parts. I have not paper mached anything since elementary school. So we will see how this goes... making doors, windows and shutters... started messing around with paint layers on house round section. I will need to add a lot of details, shingles, flowers, bumps on the mushroom roof and bricks for chimney. 



It does not look good yet, but I think it will come together okay... getting the roof on will be a bit difficult but not impossible. 

The 1985 Grenadier Lord of Paladins... repaint in process... I have to clean up everything yellow and paint over the yellow with gold, bronze and copper tones. I am having trouble finding certain colours as the hobby stores are sparsely stocked (actually that is every kind of store around here). I am going to check out a few more stores this weekend... it took going to three stores to find textured spray paint for example. Of course he needs mounting too. First image is the before.. Last image is the helmet top I think the Lord of Paladins helm decoration is inspired by, so I am trying to recreate that look.





Comments

Popular Posts