I Am Still Alive!




It has been awhile since I blogged anything RPG related. I am happy to report I yet still live! Life has hit my family hard with deaths. 2019 and 2020 have been extremely difficult. In 2019 a succession of family deaths left children orphaned and lots of family related issues to deal with. There was of course property, taxes, legal issues and naturally nothing went easy or was simple. The children were about 1 school year behind their grade level when they moved in with my husband and I. Thus a considerable amount of time and energy went to all the needs of my family. Then 2020 happened and there has been the pandemic. Naturally because my paying job brings me into constant contact with people I became very ill but not with Covid-19 but a virus that kills just the same. I can say what I had was the weirdest version of Influenza ever and it nearly killed me. I was unable to do anything. After recovering to a point I needed to get lots of things done at home including helping to teach children, then someone at work decided we are essential so back to work. I am finally able to consider blowing the dust off of various games and at least get all (the quarantined for their safety) family members playing something. After much discussion with my husband it looks OD&D with what ever we add to it is going to be our default setting rule type and game of choice. 

We are currently getting things ready to introduce the kids to D&D. We have 5E but having played it a bit decided to go Old School. We are blowing the dust off of old B2 The Keep on the Borderlands and will be using that to build a world around. We will probably be borrowing heavily from some of our favorite fantasy books and movies. I have several building projects and mapping projects to get done in relation to The Keep. 

Anyway just happy to be alive and finally make progress on getting a game started.   

Comments

Popular Posts